LHSU Advice Service specialises in legal advice and support in the following areas:
(1) Academic & University related (i.e. issues with a student’s programme of study or a service provided by a University to a student)
Examples include but are not limited to:
• Academic appeals
• Extenuating circumstances
• Welfare issues
• Disciplinary matters
• Academic Misconduct including plagiarism
• Fitness to practise issues
• Problems with placements
• Procedural irregularities
• Unfair practices
• Complaints about teaching provision and facilities
• Accommodation issues
• Problems with research supervision
• Bullying and harassment
• Complaining to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator
(2) Disability / mental health
(3) Employment law
In the first instance, please contact James Smith, Private Sector Housing Advisor, at Liverpool Student Homes (Tel. 07970 247 209 or email email@example.com). LSH work with and are supported by the three Liverpool Universities and their Students’ Unions.
James is usually available for consultations at LHSU on Mondays.
(5) Money / Debt Issues
For student finance advice, in the first instance, please contact Jeanette Jones in the University’s Student Development & Wellbeing Dept. (Tel. 0151 291 3458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
(6) Welfare rights
In the first instance, please contact Jeanette Jones, Welfare Benefits Advisor. For further information see: https://www.hope.ac.uk/gateway/supportandwellbeing/welfareandbenefits/ .